Monday, October 24, 2016

Open our eyes...


This week we were up at the cabin. I love that place. Time up there is always to short.

We were packing up and just about to leave, when Bowden, got something in his eye. We could all see it, and it was causing him intense pain. There was something stuck right in the middle of his eye, and it was not moving.

I stood there, holding him, feeling helpless.  I knew we needed to pray, and so before I said anything to Bowden, I said my own prayer. A prayer I think we have all said at one time or another.

Father, I need you to come through for Bowden. I need him to know that You hear him, You care for him. If he prays, I need You to answer. Please.

So we prayed.

And his eye still hurt.

So I told Bowden, we need to look for HOW God is going to answer your prayer.

Amazingly, Grandma had some eye drops in her purse that when we put them in, Bowdens eye began to feel better. And better. And better. Till the pain was completely gone.

I asked Bowden, "How did God answer our prayer?" and he said, "with medicine."

Sometimes the answer we are looking for, isn't the way He is going to answer.

I learned through this experience that I do not need to be worried about whether or not God will answer my prayers, or my children's prayers. He will answer. The question is, are my eyes opened to see His answer?

What is the prayer, the question, that you are waiting for Him to answer?

My prayer for us today is that He would open our eyes to the unexplainable creativity He has when He responds to us. He is moved by our prayers and requests. Never doubt that. Never doubt that He is listening attentively. Don't miss His answer because it doesn't come the way we think it will.

Father, open our eyes to see Your goodness that is all around us. Open our eyes and our hearts to see and remember that You are a good Father, that has good intentions towards us. Your answers are always good and always perfect. For that person that has been waiting on You, I ask that You would bring about the answer to that question, that prayer. And I ask that they would be blown away by the protection, compassion, and purpose that Your answer has. Amen.

Psalm 69:16
"Answer me, O LORD, for your lovingkindness is good; According to the greatness of your compassion, turn to me."

Psalm 119:68
"You are good, and what you do is good; Teach me your statutes."

Psalm 145:9
"The Lord is good to all, And His mercies are over all His works."

1 Chronicles 16:34
"Give thanks to the Lord for He is good; for His lovingkindness is everlasting."










No comments:

Post a Comment