Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Fix Your Eyes.

Caven got a cut on his finger a while back. It was a pretty good cut and didn't look very pretty. I brought him into the bathroom to begin fixing his owie. He was a mess, sobbing his little heart out. Every time he would look at his finger, his sobs would escalate. I kept telling him, "Look at mommy, don't look at your finger. Mommy can fix this, don't worry! Just keep looking at me." 

As he would look away from his finger and fix his eyes on me and not on his owie, he would calm down.

Is there a wound in your life right now? Something that keeps beckoning for your focus and attention? Something that is so painful that your eyes are fixed on it and you keep wondering how you will get past or through this?

I think sometimes, unintentionally, we get so focused on wanting to fix the pain that we feel, that we forget to fix our eyes on the One who can soothe, relieve, and bring purpose from our pain. Just like little Caven, we stare at a wound and become a mess because we don't know how to fix it. 

But we serve a powerful God who knows exactly what to do.

He can fix whatever it is you are going through, if you will fix your eyes on Him. 

He is the Author and Perfecter of your faith. He is the anchor that will keep you steady and stable as the waves and winds of life rock you. Let His loving kindness give you the strength to look away from your situation and fix your eyes on Him. Place your trust in Him, even when all around you seems to be in chaos, be assured that He is the one who will calm the storm. Every time. 

Psalm 18:33-36 (AMP)

"He makes my feet like [a]hinds’ feet [able to stand firmly and tread safely on paths of testing and trouble]; 
He sets me [securely] upon my high places.
He trains my hands for war,
So that my arms can bend a bow of bronze.
You have also given me the shield of Your salvation,
And Your right hand upholds and sustains me;
Your gentleness [Your gracious response when I pray] makes me great.
You enlarge the path beneath me and make my steps secure,
So that my feet will not slip."

1 comment: