Wednesday, March 30, 2016

I am a planner. I like to know what is happening next and when it is happening. Insert 3 kiddos and you can guess that I don't always have my planning needs met. 

I didn't plan on having to sweep up a box of cheerios right after I had mopped the floor. 

I didn't plan on someone desperately needing to use the bathroom after I had just put the car in reverse to head to the store (come on Nate, I told you to go before you buckled up;)

These unexpected things that pop up in my life can stress me out to the max. I wish I could say that each time they happen,  I gracefully and patiently respond and readjust. Sometimes I do. Sometimes I don't.

I am an imperfect human being who is not constant. Unexpected things throw me off, steal my joy, and inconvenience me to the point of utter annoyance.

But you know what? We serve a God who is not thrown off by the unexpected. We serve a God who knows the plans that He has for us, and He is never surprised. He is constant. I don't know about you, but this is a truth that I need to heavily rely on.

There are decisions, diagnosis', and detours (to name a few) that come up in our lives that we were not planning on. They throw us off track and threaten our sense of normalcy. We have to recover, re-coup and then inevitably ask the looming question..."what now?"

When life takes an unexpected turn, here is something we need to remember. We are not walking on our own. We are securely nestled between our Heavenly Daddy's shoulders. It's the ultimate piggyback ride experience.  It's His job and His joy to navigate the path that He has marked out for us. He knows it well. 

We just have to allow ourselves to let go of our plans, our expectations, and give in fully to trusting the One who is always faithful, always good, and always right on time. Not always as easy as it sounds, but always worth it. 

So dear friend, whatever it is that has happened that is unplanned or unexpected, know beyond a shadow of a doubt that He has you, and He is not surprised. He is already working it out for your good, and the best is yet to come...

Deuteronomy 33:12
“May the beloved of the Lord dwell in safety by Him;
He shields and covers him all the day long,
And he dwells between His shoulders.”

1 Peter 5:7
"Casting all your cares [all your anxieties, all your worries, and all your concerns, once and for all] 
on Him, for He cares about you [with deepest affection, and watches over you very carefully]."













No comments:

Post a Comment